Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ramblings

Hi again...its Joe. Sorry to disappoint. LOL.

Anyhow, I was at the Sun's practice today at Conn College. Coach Mike Thibault had the team focusing on protecting the ball. When you think about, with the team on the verge of facing two teams that aren't short on firepower like Phoenix and Los Angeles, turnovers are more likely to haunt you.
What Thibault did towards the conclusion of practice was tell them the session wouldn't end until the team went five posessions without a turnover. Trust me, the Sun players were happy when the final whistle blew.

The league announced its All-Decade team. The format was different from what I expected. Instead of one team of five and maybe a sixth player or a first and second team, there was a team of 10 and an honorable mention.
There were surprises. First I figured Teresa Weatherspoon would have made the team of ten. Secondly, I was shocked that Diana Taurasi was named at all. Don't get me wrong, she's got game. But after two years? Two years? I just don't see how she can get honorable mention and players like Nykesha Sales and Natalie Williams (anyone remember her?) don't get a sniff. Thibault, in Wednesday's paper, says it best. Why should someone receive this honor based on what they did in college.

That's all for tonight.

See you soon!

-Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home