Sunday, June 11, 2006

Filling in

Hi, everyone! This isn't Arthur, but instead Joe Perez. Consider me Arthur-lite for the next two weeks or so.

Today's Sun game against the Washington Mystics was the second opportunity I've had to cover the Sun for the Bulletin. I'm sold. Even without Taj McWilliams-Franklin, the Sun found ways to pull past a decent Mystics team. Once again, Katie Douglas and Nykesha Sales had virtuoso performances. Plus, Douglas gave me a good chuckle when she described herself after the game as the "Energizer Bunny."

On another note, the WNBA should be releasing their All-Decade team pretty soon. I'm curious as to who you, the fans, think should be on the team. I'll give you my picks, by position. Let me know what you think.

F Sheryl Swoopes, Houston
F Yolanda Griffith, Sacramento
C Lisa Leslie, Los Angeles
G Cynthia Cooper, Houston
G Teresa Weatherspoon, New York

This was tough. There are a few people who I regretfully left off the list. Tina Thompson and Katie Smith are two names that are deserving, as is Dawn Staley.

Until next time...

-Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home