Friday, June 30, 2006

Big Game

It’s nice to finally be back in my normal routine. After going to the Hall of Fame and NBA draft in between trying to do my regular work as a Sun beat writer, being here early on a game night with not too much other stuff on my mind is a good feeling.
As always, tonight should be a good one considering it’s Connecticut and Detroit. I’m looking to it since I missed the first meeting between these clubs earlier in the season.
Tonight would be an opportune time for the Sun to put together that elusive complete game Mike Thibault has been searching for. He’s also been seeking quality wins in a playoff-type atmosphere, something that should also exist tonight. The Sun pulled it off against Houston and tonight is another chance. With Indiana 24 hours from now, a win against Detroit in something the Sun need in this ultra-tight race for first in the East

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger scarecrow said...

I think the Detroit loss was a "Coaching loss"; any game that is tied or w/i 2 points at 2:00 minutes is up to the coach and his ability to lead ..Lindsay played out of control on most of her possessions..I think Erin should have played at the end of the game..There was also no mention in the Bulletin about why Mike didn't play Megan Mahoney...with their lousy shooting, he should have given Megan a chance to right the ship...

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger bb said...

why wasnt margo used more and why use taj when she couldnt make even an easy basket?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger sb said...

I am a former all-state basketball player, and I still like to shoot a few. I love basketball, and I have become a devoted season ticket-holder Connecticut Sun fan, driving 3 plus hours each way to the home games. Of late, though, I am mystified by the coach's dedication to Taj and thus, to what seems to me to be the detriment of the game at hand and to the other players. I would love to see Taj perform at the highest level, but her performance has been awful the past several games and especially on Friday night 6/30 against Detroit. On the other hand, I've never seen Margot perform better, and she was taken out of the game. I'm not one to usually question coaches, but I just don't understand what he's doing in this case. I think the whole team is suffering from the quality of Taj's play and her continued presence on the floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home