Thursday, August 17, 2006

Win Or That's The Season

And now we play the waiting game.
Myself and two other members of the Connecticut media just completed our interview session with the Washington Mystics, but we won’t see the Sun until roughly 3:45. Normally, I wouldn’t mind the long gap since it gives me a chance to get a lot of my writing done, but after walking out the door at 5:25 a.m. to begin my drive to DC, I’d prefer to just be done and perhaps call it a night by 6.
Since that’s not going to happen, I’ll just search for a little food and get to the task at hand.
One observation from talking to a few Washington representatives was how aware this team is of the significance attached to Friday’s Game 1 in this best-of-3 series. The Mystics are basically in a must-win situation with the odds stacked against them to win twice at Connecticut.
But there is a quiet confidence among the home side, which treated the Sun to a loss at the Verizon Center during the regular season. It’ll be interesting to get a fresh take on that game from Connecticut’s players later in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home